“Nothing you do for children is ever wasted.”
― Garrison Keillor, Leaving Home
I think I want to believe that it is really so...
Sometimes I don't...
I think I am not the only parent that feels like that, I watch my kids sometimes and I see that they take everything for granted, sometimes I even hear things like "But I want too..." or "You have too..." and it really bothers me.
As a parent I try to explaine my kids, that you know I don't have to, or I am telling them that this possition is wrong, and they should not talk to me this way...
But then I analize myself, why is that, why my reaction is this. Cause in a sence I as a parent really have to give them what they want or need, yes the manner they ask for things sometimes is not the best, and we tend to think that we were not like this with our parents, but we were, may be be in some other matters but we also were like this to our parents and made them sad sometimes...
I always try to think that my kids are not really mine, they are God's children with His purporses and plans for them, and my job as a parent's job is to see what's in His mind for them? To see their talents and gifts, to develop all of this, to help them to become everything they can be in Him...
So thinking like this helps me focus on what matters, and small things like "But I want to..." do not bother me (well they do, but for a short period of time :) )
They are kids, they grow and learn, and explore, and test us...
So funny that we beging to understand our parents only when we explore parenthood. It is really a long life learning process, to be a parent of a baby, child, teenager, and grown up person...
Only now I beging to appreciate my mom's efforts, and long evenings of talikg, and teaching me, cause now I see all of this from another piont of view, from the point of been a parent.
I do not like handwriting any more (mostly because you don't have BACKSPACE...), but I do like to write, so here I will be sharing my thoughts, and mostly about children and parenthood, I just want my kids to see in future how I felt, and what I was thinking, so that they would be able to read...
Not always we can say things, and sometimes we loose our thoughts, this blog will help me not to loose...
May be some day, this blog will help others)
This is it for today...
― Garrison Keillor, Leaving Home
I think I want to believe that it is really so...
Sometimes I don't...
I think I am not the only parent that feels like that, I watch my kids sometimes and I see that they take everything for granted, sometimes I even hear things like "But I want too..." or "You have too..." and it really bothers me.
As a parent I try to explaine my kids, that you know I don't have to, or I am telling them that this possition is wrong, and they should not talk to me this way...
But then I analize myself, why is that, why my reaction is this. Cause in a sence I as a parent really have to give them what they want or need, yes the manner they ask for things sometimes is not the best, and we tend to think that we were not like this with our parents, but we were, may be be in some other matters but we also were like this to our parents and made them sad sometimes...
I always try to think that my kids are not really mine, they are God's children with His purporses and plans for them, and my job as a parent's job is to see what's in His mind for them? To see their talents and gifts, to develop all of this, to help them to become everything they can be in Him...
So thinking like this helps me focus on what matters, and small things like "But I want to..." do not bother me (well they do, but for a short period of time :) )
They are kids, they grow and learn, and explore, and test us...
So funny that we beging to understand our parents only when we explore parenthood. It is really a long life learning process, to be a parent of a baby, child, teenager, and grown up person...
Only now I beging to appreciate my mom's efforts, and long evenings of talikg, and teaching me, cause now I see all of this from another piont of view, from the point of been a parent.
I do not like handwriting any more (mostly because you don't have BACKSPACE...), but I do like to write, so here I will be sharing my thoughts, and mostly about children and parenthood, I just want my kids to see in future how I felt, and what I was thinking, so that they would be able to read...
Not always we can say things, and sometimes we loose our thoughts, this blog will help me not to loose...
May be some day, this blog will help others)
This is it for today...
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий